Over the years, Selsun shampoos have gained the trust of millions of users and buyers worldwide. Dominating the market of medicated shampoos, Selsun is the fifth largest chain of shampoos sold worldwide. Their shampoos contain ingredients that work spot on, delivering results as promised to the user. Talk to your doctor if your case is unique or aggressive about the usage. You can also check whether your child can use it or not. Make sure you follow the directions given on the bottle for using the shampoo. Selsun shampoos have a large variety and we’ve picked the ten best out, only for you. Look through and you might find one for your hair too.
1. Selsun Blue (Anti-Dandruff Moisturizing With Aloe):
Selsun Blue is primarily an anti-dandruff shampoo which can also be used as a regular scalp cleansing shampoo.
- This capped bottle, with a fresh scent, contains moisturizers, specially formulated with Hydramax.
- Hydramax is a combination of moisturizers, minerals and essential vitamins, required to keep hair shiny, hydrated and voluminous.
- It also contains selenium sulphide and aloe.
- It prevents excessive secretion of oil on your scalp. It’s irritation-free, helps reduce itchiness, flakes and fungi. Your hair is going to shine with beautiful locks, without any dirt or dandruff.
2. Selsun 2-In-1 Treatment:
This therapeutic shampoo and conditioner in one bottle treatment is the ideal daily care that your hair needs.
- It is ideal for those who lead a hectic schedule and maintaining hair becomes a tough deal.
- It successfully controls dandruff without damaging and making your hair frizzy.
- It can also be used on your face as a weekly treatment for acne and other eruptions on your face.
3. Selsun Gold Double Conditioner:
The bottle comes with a white body and a golden cap, a sleek design for an ultimate beauty product.
- The double conditioner is a brilliant pick if you have problems like dry hair and frizz.
- It locks the moisture in and also helps to deal with the changes in your hair due to varying climate.
- If you have damaged hair and dandruff problems, then this should definitely help you.
4. Selsun Blue-Extra Conditioning Formula (Dandruff Shampoo For Daily Use):
If you shampoo on a daily basis and need something that is soft on your hair, this shampoo is your answer.
- It does not only moisture your hair to the tip, but also adds a lot of shine to it.
- This shine can be accredited to good health and nourishment that the shampoo offers.
- Sometimes, it becomes hard to deal with dandruff if you do not wash on a daily basis and shampooing daily causes your hair to dry out.
- This shampoo does not frizz your hair at all, so ideal for such situations.
5. Selsun Yellow- Selenium Sulfide:
This Selsun yellow shampoo has been medically proven to treat Seborrhoeic Dermatitisi XA common skin condition caused by a fungus that leads to red, scaly, and itchy patches on the scalp, face, and other parts of the body. , Versicolori XA common skin infection in which the fungus disrupts the skin’s normal pigmentation and causes tiny, discolored areas. , Dandruff and Capitisi XInfection of the scalp caused by a fungus that leads to red and itchy bald patches. Also known as ringworm of the scalp (tinea capitis). .
- Make sure that you leave the shampoo on your scalp for three minutes before you wash it.
- Powered with selenium sulphide, which is known to be the best for scalp care, the shampoo will show effective results right from its first use.
- You can apply some essential oils after the shampoo or in the shampoo mixture to suppress the strong smell of the product.
6. Selsun Blue Dandruff Shampoo For Sensitive Scalp:
Most people who suffer from dandruff and scalp problems often face the issue of sensitive skin condition after using harsh shampoos. But then because of the dandruff, you have to keep using it. Here’s your bottle of solution.
- This medicinal shampoo is composed of a gentle formula that mildly deals with the dandruff and treats your sensitive scalp.
- It does not only control and reduce dandruff, but also prevents other bacterial and fungal infections that can arise.
7. Selsun Shampoo Anti-Dandruff And Anti-Fungal:
The only thing that you have to keep in mind with this shampoo is about leaving it on your hair for at least two minutes.
- This shampoo has been officially recognized as the treatment for fungal and dandruff related problems.
- It is one of the best products available for getting rid of scalp problems.
- Regular use can ensure healthy, voluminous hair and a flake-free scalp.
8. Selsun Blue Shampoo – Medicated:
If you think shampoos are nothing but chemicals that rip your hair of its goodness, think again. This one will replenish your scalp and maintain your scalp’s natural pH balance.
- This shampoo is prescribed by most doctors for skin problems and scalp problems
- This isn’t just a chemical for daily use. It is filled with minerals and essential components.
- These same components and minerals are required for a healthy scalp and hair. This dandruff shampoo might help a mild case of psoriasis as well.
9. Selsun Blue Itchy Dry Scalp Naturals:
Most of us face this problem during the peaks of summer and winter. Itching scalp distracts and creates unbearable discomfort.
- The mild and natural shampoo aids deep cleansing on your hair and scalp and controls the bacterial rash.
10. Selsun Anti-Dandruff:
The Selsun anti dandruff shampoo has received the best response and is an all-time favourite around the globe. It’s the best for normal hair, and regular usage can give a long lasting shine that is free of any problems! Healthy hair that shines is possibly one of the biggest attractions of a person. Maintaining health and hair hygiene is of primary importance. Selsun shampoos are a good investment into your regular hair care!
Dandruff shampoos might not always be fragrance-free or chemical-free, but surely those essential chemicals will reduce and with time, eliminate dandruff from your scalp.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better: Selsun Blue or Head and Shoulders?
Selsun Blue is a better choice when compared to Head and Shoulders. The anti-dandruff efficacy of Selsun blue is greater than that of Head and Shoulders.
Does Selsun cause hair loss?
In the initial days of use, Selsun shampoo may cause moderate hair loss in a few. However, this will decrease after 2-3 weeks of regular usage. But if hair fall aggravates after 2 or 3 weeks, stop using the shampoo and consult your doctor.
How long should you use Selsun Shampoo?
This depends on the severity of your hair or scalp problem. Generally, these shampoos are used for 2-4 weeks or as instructed by your healthcare professional.
Can you use Selsun Shampoo every day?
No, avoid using Selsun or any other medicated shampoo daily. The ideal frequency would be twice a week or as instructed by your doctor.
Can Selsun shampoo be used on colored or chemically treated hair?
Yes, it is safe to use Selsun shampoo on colored or chemically treated hair. Make sure you go through the precautions and instructions. Do not use it more than twice a week as chemically treated hair is more prone to damage and breakage. If you notice severe side effects, stop using the product immediately and consult your doctor.
Can Selsun shampoo be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women?
There is currently no specific information regarding the safety of Selsun shampoo during pregnancy and breastfeeding period. Consult your doctor before using this shampoo.
Get an honest review of Selsun Shampoo in this informative video. Learn about its effectiveness, benefits, and potential drawbacks to make an informed decision for your hair care routine.
Do you use Selsun shampoos? Did you see the results? Share with us in the comments section below!